008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

Stevie salutes 'special' Suarez, 28th April 2012

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 28/4/2012, 21:54

~ dagger's fans <3. ~

Group:
;gerrard

Steven Gerrard today hailed the world class talents of Luis Suarez - and then revealed he was on the verge of giving his teammate a piece of his mind seconds before the Uruguayan's stunning third goal in the 3-0 win at Norwich.

Suarez was the match-winner with a brilliant hat-trick at Norwich, which was completed with an audacious lob from just inside the Canaries' half of the field with eight minutes left to play.

"I was just about to have a go at him before the hat-trick goal," said Gerrard. "It was on the tip of my tongue to give him a rollicking. But that then turned into a round of applause.

"He's a top player, one of the best in the world on his day. Today was his day and his finishing was clinical. His movement is first class and we're on the same wavelength. He's a special player.

"We could have had two or three more. It was a good team performance today and we have beaten a good team. We're really pleased."

The Reds have now have a date with Fulham next midweek before full attention can turn towards the Cup final showdown with Chelsea.

"We want to go into the final in good form," added Gerrard. "We've got a game against Fulham now which we want to win and then we can get ready for Chelsea.

"I'm happy with the way things are going at the moment. On a personal level I was left out as a precaution last weekend but I'm fine and ready to enjoy the end of the season."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

≈www  Top
0 replies since 28/4/2012, 21:54   26 views