008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

KD on Brad, Andy and Rovers, 10th April 2012

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 10/4/2012, 23:13

~ dagger's fans <3. ~

Group:
;gerrard

Kenny Dalglish reflected on a memorable night for Andy Carroll and Brad Jones and claimed the 3-2 victory over Blackburn would give everyone at the club a huge boost heading into Saturday's FA Cup semi-final against Everton.

Carroll clinched the three points with an injury-time header after Maxi's early brace was cancelled out by a Yakubu double.

Midway through the first half Jones was introduced after Alexander Doni - filling in for the suspended Pepe Reina - was dismissed for a foul on Junior Hoilett.

Jones's first Premier League appearance for the club - in a week when he became a dad again - could not have started better after he saved a penalty from former teammate Yakubu.

"He had a wee bit of an advantage because the two of them were at Middlesbrough together, The Yak and him," said Dalglish. "Maybe he had a wee bit of a psychological advantage.

"It was a great save and his first contribution for the club in the Premier League is to save a penalty - I'm sure he'll remember that."

Asked if U18s stopper Tyrell Belford would now get a place on the bench for Saturday's Wembley derby, Dalglish responded: "Is he available? I don't know what the rules are. At least we've got one!

"We don't have a problem whatsoever (with Jones), and we've got two other boys - Glen (Johnson) and Daniel Agger who've come through the game.

"That will have done them the world of good. We'll have to see how they are and assess it to see if they're fit and available to be considered for the squad on Saturday."

Dalglish was delighted to witness a return to winning ways ahead of our first FA Cup semi since 2006.

"I can't speak highly enough of the effort and commitment the players showed," he said. "They got a fantastic start, were 2-0 up and then we go down to 10 men.

"With the help of the supporters, who drove us forward, I thought we did really well in the second half. I think we just about deserved to win.

"We're delighted for the players. It's not been the best of times for them recently. That doesn't mean to say we've turned any corners but it certainly gives everyone a lift.

"We're delighted with the result and with the three points, and we pay tribute to the players.

"I think the victory will do everybody the world of good. We've not had the best of results recently and that gives everybody a lift.

"It's always that bit more enjoyable when you win a game towards the end with 10 men, it's always fresh in your mind.

"That's a wee bit of enjoyment for everybody at the football club."

One man who will be vying for a place in Saturday's XI is Carroll, who capped a display full of endeavour with the winning goal.

Dalglish added: "Andy is very confident and he got what he deserved. He worked really hard tonight and scored a fantastic header. I don't think confidence is a problem."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

≈www  Top
0 replies since 10/4/2012, 23:13   25 views