008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

KD on Muamba, Cup and injuries, 18th March 2012

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 18/3/2012, 23:15

~ dagger's fans <3. ~

Group:
;gerrard

Kenny Dalglish reserved words of support for Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba as he reflected on his side reaching Wembley for the second time this season.

Stewart Downing was the match-winner as Liverpool dispatched Stoke City 2-1 at Anfield, with Luis Suarez also scoring a superb goal.

Liverpool now face the winner of the quarter-final replay between Everton and Sunderland.

The draw was made as Muamba continued to receive treatment in hospital following his collapse during the Tottenham versus Bolton quarter-final on Saturday.

And Dalglish said: "It must have been horrific for his family to be listening to or watching the game and to see something like that.

"The same as everyone else, I hope there's a very speedy recovery.

"He's got a lot of people on his side, the football world is on his side. Although there are great rivalries there, I think the respect showed by both sets of fans yesterday were exemplary."

Meanwhile, Dalglish believes competitiveness was the quality that got his side into the semi-finals.

"It was a fantastic performance from us in many ways," he reflected. "It wasn't the best we've ever passed the ball but the way we competed and the way we put bodies on the line was a great example. It showed people what it meant to them to try and get through this.

"It was difficult. Stoke started really competitively and at a high tempo. We had to match them, and although Pepe has not been too busy, they're always a threat with throw-ins and set plays.

"There were two really good goals."

On the draw, Dalglish added: "We know we've got Everton or Sunderland, but whoever we get it's going to be a difficult game.

"Merseyside will be hoping Everton get through and they can all have a day out again, but Sunderland is a really difficult place to go and get a result."

Asked about the injuries which forced Martin Kelly and Luis Suarez from the pitch, Dalglish replied: "We'll find out in the morning. It's the same with Kells."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

≈www  Top
0 replies since 18/3/2012, 23:15   12 views