008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

Kuyt: Belief won us the trophy, 26th February 2012

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 26/2/2012, 22:00

~ dagger's fans <3. ~

Group:
;gerrard

Dirk Kuyt reflected on Liverpool's dramatic victory in the Carling Cup final and insisted: "Belief has won us the trophy."

Kuyt thought he had won the game for the Reds with a late strike in extra time to give Kenny Dalglish's men a 2-1 lead, only for Cardiff to force a penalty shoot-out with a last-gasp goal from Ben Turner.

After both Steven Gerrard and Charlie Adam had missed from the spot, Liverpool regained their composure from 12 yards and eventually ran out 3-2 winners in the penalty competition.

"We never stopped believing and that is why we have won the trophy," said Kuyt. "Even when Steven missed his penalty I said to him we would still get back into it as there were a number of penalties to be taken.

"I knew when it came to my penalty that I had to score. I had cleared off the line 30 seconds from the end as well and scored in extra time, so it was a good afternoon for me and for the team.

"The most important thing in football is belief and we showed today we have that in the squad. It's a great day for us."

www.liverpoolfc.tv

≈www  Top
0 replies since 26/2/2012, 22:00   17 views