008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

Mail turns on new Vogue model Alex

« Older   Newer »
MrsGerrard<33
view post Posted on 22/10/2009, 16:26

Mail turns on new Vogue model Alex Curran
October 20th, 2009

The Mail on Sunday has had its claws out again, with Alex Curran the latest target to feel the full force of the newspaper’s judgemental approach.

And the crime Mrs Steven Gerrard is apparently guilty of? Being photographed for Vogue.

Alex has been chosen to appear in the December issue of the magazine, but the Mail on Sunday gossip columnist Katie Nicholl doesn’t seem to think the 27-year-old mother of two is worthy of the honour.

She described Alex’s inclusion as a "fashion faux pas", sneered that the model is "best known for stepping out in Juicy Couture tracksuits" and even claimed: "Fans of style-bible Vogue will be throwing their copies at the wall in despair next month."

Alex, like most of the England footballers’ wives, has been guilty of the occasional poor fashion choice, but is that really any reason for such vitriol?

The Wag has proved on many occasions that she can look stunning in designer dresses or casual clothing picked up on the high street.

And even if those looks aren’t to the columnist’s taste, is that a reason for her to be so critical?

After all, isn’t fashion all about personal choice and developing an individual style?

mrsparker
view post Posted on 4/11/2009, 15:40

Thanks Grace poor Alex I agree with the article yeah she can get it wrong but she also gets it right other times.

1 replies since 22/10/2009, 16:26   57 views