008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

Formby give Alex a geography lesson

« Older   Newer »
{MyaZaRa;-
view post Posted on 5/8/2009, 15:04

Angry Formby villagers give WAG Alex Curran a geography lesson

WAG Alex Curran has been given a geography lesson by a councillor from her local village - Formby is not in Liverpool.

Blonde Alex, 26, was last week blasted by the people of Liverpool when she described nightspots as 'rough' and that they 'attract the wrong type of people'.

The glamorous wife of Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard hastily issued a response insisting she "loves living in Liverpool" and had been misquoted in her NEW! magazine column.

She said: "I absolutely love living in Liverpool. I love the people, they are so generous and friendly, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world."

"I have lived here all my life and I am proud to raise our two daughters here.

"They receive a fantastic education, and as the city of culture, there is so much to offer us as a family."

Situated thirteen miles north of Liverpool, Formby is a village in its own right, founded in the 9th Century - four hundred years before Liverpool.

Alex Curran and Steven Gerrard live on Victoria Road, a leafy suburban street known as Millionaire Mile.

Wayne and Coleen, Duncan Ferguson and Alan Shearer are just a few of the big names that have parked their convertibles in the drive ways.

Alex's comments have riled Formby residents, who believe she should be aware of the geographical difference and take pride in her local village.

Furious local resident Jayne Cates said "Liverpool is a hustling, bustling pollution-ridden place.

"Formby is serene, quiet and beautiful.

"Claiming she's Liverpool's biggest fan and saying 'I hope to live here all my life' is a shambles.

"We live in Formby not Liverpool, and people like Alex Curran referring to our town as Liverpool makes me angry."

Ravenmeols Councillor Barry Griffiths has pointed out Alex's error, and challenges her to act as an ambassador for Formby and Merseyside.

He said: "Formby is not Liverpool.

"She's got a Liverpool postcode, but that's about it.

"She lives in the most expensive, privileged area of Merseyside.

"Alex and Steven are very welcome residents of Formby.

"I would challenge her be a more prominent figure in the area and act as a role model for people not so privileged as she."

Katta*
view post Posted on 7/8/2009, 13:28

childish... tough he's right lol

MrsGerrard<33
view post Posted on 7/8/2009, 14:11

there right, its not liverpool but a lot of people say there from liverpool when there not shes not the first and wont be the last :s lol

mrsparker
view post Posted on 13/8/2009, 12:40

Although he's right that's just childish.

3 replies since 5/8/2009, 15:04   70 views