008 steven gerrard -- c a p t a i n f a n t a s t i c

Alex Curran had maccies 3 times a week

« Older   Newer »
MrsGerrard<33
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 16:27

'I used to eat three McDonald's meals a week because I was so bored,' says Alex Curran
By Daily Mail Reporter
30th April 2009

As a full-time WAG, Alex Curran used to get so bored, she used to eat up to three McDonald's meals a week.

Having not worked full-time since she started dating her now husband Steven Gerrard in 2002, Alex admits she often ate simply to fill up some of her endless free time.

But after realising her luxurious lifestyle was going straight to her belly, the pampered Scouser decided to swap her love of fast food for a healthy new regime.

At the height of her unhealthy diet, Alex was eating up to three McDonald's meals a week and feasting on Chinese or chips for lunch.

The former nail technician, 26, decided to change her ways after she was photographed with a rounded belly on holiday in Florida last year.

Alex told the latest issue of New! magazine: 'Last year a pap took some pics of me and I had a few rolls.

'I've been eating rubbish for so many years.

'I'd have sausages on toast for breakfast or bacon. Then for lunch I'd go out with my mates. Quite often we'd have Chinese or I'd have a big sandwich with chips.

'I used to eat McDonald's all the time because whenever I was on my way to Liverpool, I used to stop and get one. I reckon I'd probably have about three McDonald's a week.'

The Liverpudlian admits she used to gorge on Big Macs and Quarter Pounders, especially after she's had a late night out.

She said: 'Eating's a boredom thing. When you've got nothing else to do, you just start planning your next meal.'

After enlisting a personal trainer Dina Mogan, Alex dropped a dress size through a combination of healthy eating and gym sessions.

Builders finally completed work on Alex and Steven's £350,000 two-storey gymnasium earlier this year, meaning the WAG doesn't even have to leave the house to work up a sweat.

Alex has now swapped pork breakfasts for porridge of Special K cereal and lunches on healthier sushi or tuned salad.

She also has switched her seven slices of white bread for two of wholemeal.

The mother-of-two has now lost 6lbs and dropped from a size 10 to 8 waist thanks to her new diet and her two hour workouts three times a week.

She enthused: 'I love the changes to my figure. I feel more confident wearing vest tops now. I'll also buy more clothes made of clingy material now, which I would have never worn before.'

• The full interview with Alex is in this week's New! magazine, on sale now.

MrsEmmaTorres..x
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 16:41

thanksyouu (:
xxxxx

mrsparker
view post Posted on 30/4/2009, 19:51

Thanks for posting wow Three maccies and 7 slices of white bread a day :O as well as bacon/sausage toast everyday and I never though of her as fat its amazing she stayed in decent shape eating all that.

Fernando'sWifey..x
view post Posted on 1/5/2009, 13:06

Aww wow :o: She ate tons; I am really drooling for a Maccies now <3 They're delicious :D

3 replies since 30/4/2009, 16:27   52 views